Monday, September 22, 2008

back at it (or die trying).

after a few long days on the road (a few days in California + felt/weighed on me more than my previous 2 week roadshow in NY/Boston/Toronto), i'm left with a LOT to think about it.

frankly more from the latter end of my trip (in LA), most of which was spent sitting at the foot of my grandmother's hospital bed. life and death are funny thing, and i think at some point in our lives (if not sooner VS later) we have to come to grips with what they mean. otherwise you're in for a really rude awakening. i've been (un)fortunate enough to have had this hit me a few times in recent years (far more than many, far less than many more...i can only imagine what my dad's 20's & 30's were like), but for some reason it STILL doesn't make it any easier, especially when you see how it weighs on others.

but for now all i can do is return to my life, read my books, do my work, make the occasional reassuring phone calls, and hope for the best (which is not always the most obvious choice).

and maybe, just maybe, spend some time outside and enjoy the coming fall season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...